Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lucky Shamrock Ranch






This past June, I purchased my first house. A 1980's model split level house with three bedrooms, 2.5 balths, and a well designed floor plan. I figured a house would be a good investment as I will get the first-time homeowners tax credit, and I will actually have some equity.


The house is in great shape, but only needed a fresh coat of paint and a lil' country look. Luckily, my mom and a family friend of ours from Tonganoxie, Kris Welter, came up to help me paint as I was in the middle of my busiest time of year at work. Plus, they were much better painters than I am!! I painted the ceiling! Whoops!



I don't think dad was impressed with the landscaping, as there was none. So with the help of my dad and Jim Welter we did some landscaping. I didn't know how to do the step look, but with Jim's expertise in landscaping we got it mastered. I also planted flowers in the front flower bed and around the large tree in the middle of my yard. My goal next year is to plant additional flowers in the bed and around the tree. I'm not much of a green thumb, but I enjoy the excuse to do something outside.

I have two roommates that live with me and we all get along great. Rachel and Crystal both work at the American Angus Association too. We all work in different departments, so sometimes the only time we see each other when we come home.

2 comments:

  1. Your home is GORGEOUS! I love the decor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad that you posted some house pictures! Crystal has never shown me any of the house. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete