Friday, February 19, 2010

BB/BS Match Party


Monday, was Alexys and I's first match party. For a minimal fee, BB/BS had us set up at the ice arena for an hour of ice skating and a hot dog supper. I haven't been ice skating for over a year so I was worried that I was going to look like a fool and fall down numerous times. Although, once I touched the ice I new I still had it in me. Alexys hasn't been ice skating for awhile either, but by the end of the evening she was skating all by herself!

We skated for about 40 minutes and then it was time for supper and to meet the other matches. Shelia has always talked about how great the matches were paired up and so much alike, so I was excited to meet and see everyone. As we were sitting at the table eating and filling out surveys all the littles were pretty quiet besides...MINE!! Of course, chatter box was talking about everything from boys to her Sponge Bob teeth! I was a little worried, because I thought I must be that person that talks all the time!! Yikes!

The night turned out to be a great night. However, we weren't able to build relationships with other pairs, I did feel like one of the 'cooler' big's as there was only two of us who were skating. While the other bigs were watching their littles from the sidelines, Alexys and I were practicing our Olympic moves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment