Sunday, February 28, 2010

Willy Wonka!


Today, Alexys and I are going to see the play Willy Wonka. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was one of my favorite movies when I was young, so I might be a touch more excited to see the play then she will be!

I think the story is great. Young Charlie comes from a low income family, where they sleep four in a bed, and gets to go on an incredible jouney through the chocolate factory after winning a golden ticket by buying one chocolate bar. Although, Charlie and his grandpa are the poorest of the group going on the tour, they end up being the most normal or have the most smarts as they are the only ones to make it to the end.

This movie has great lessons to teach kids. It teaches them anything from learning how to follow directions, seeing how kids that are less fortunate live, and to work hard saving your money to get what you really want.

I hope Alexys will enjoy the play as much as I will. Stay tuned for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment